I have worked in many different media over the years: acrylics, pens, watercolour, gouache, flat lays of natural materials and more recently digital-image making.
I create the inner world of archetypes, symbols and pure energy, revelling in pattern and colour.
Symbols emerge which speak the language of the soul – the moon, spirals, labyrinths, branches, buds, feathers, pebbles, birds and women’s bodies in all their beauty.
Colours, patterns and energies shimmer and swirl: there is a sense of flow and meditative movement in my art that reflects my neurodivergent brain. My intention is to invite contemplation from the viewer, often attempting to shift consciousness into a trance-like state.
My more recent work seeks to integrate the division between word and image in the creative process, more on this can be found in my book Crow Moon and my e-course WORD+image.
- February 2020: SelfCare 2020 Vision, US.
- February 2019: Ausome Conference, Cork, Ireland.
- April- May 2016: Group exhibition, ProCreate Project travelling exhibition – Museum of Motherhood, NY, USA; South Bank University, London, UK.
- December 2015: Group exhibition, ProCreate Project artist mothers. Goldsmith’s College, London.
- May 2014: Group exhibition, Mid-May Arts Festival, Midleton, Ireland.
- November 2013: Solo exhibition – The Rainbow Way, Shanagarry, Ireland.
- September 2012: Bandon Arts Festival, Ireland.
- August 2012: Solo exhibition – Unfurling, Shanagarry, Ireland.
My art has appeared in the Earth Pathways Diary and calendar, La Leche League UK magazine and calendar, Rhythm of the Home, Holistic Parenting, The Mother and JUNO magazines.
You will see it on the cover of Eleanor Brown’s single We Will Not Be Lost To These Times, on many of my own book covers: Creatrix, She of the Sea, Crow Moon, the most recent edition of Moon Time, both editions of Reaching for the Moon and the first edition of Moods of Motherhood.
I have created the internal illustrations for many Womancraft Publishing books including my own (Creatrix, Crow Moon, The Kitchen Witch Companion, Full Circle Health) and others’ (Soulful Pregnancy, Moon Dreams Diary 2018, The Heroines Club) I have also created logos for Womancraft Publishing, Dreaming Aloud and Mindful Doulas.
I love to create seasonal ephemeral art with whatever is most abundant: snow, petals, fallen leaves, pebbles… this is just a small selection of the spirals I made one year.