I Need YOUR Help to Name my Next Book
OK, dearest readers, YOUR help is needed! (And there’s a prize!)
I have now printed out a complete second draft of my next book – the one I have been referring to as “The Creative Rainbow Mama”, which I hope to have out early in the new year.
(To read a bit – see here). To find out what the hell a Creative Rainbow Mama is, see here. To contribute see here. To see more about it taking shape, see here.)
|I just had a gorgeous picture shared with me of Facebook, that I’d love to have for the cover- does anyone know the artist?|
The book has done the round of publishers and agents and received many very nice “nearly but not quite” responses- so I am self publishing.
And it’s really finding shape. But to nail it I really need to get the title right, and I thought who better to ask than you, enthusiastic dear readers!
The book, to recap, is a guide for creative mothers – on how to balance creativity and motherhood. I think of it as an Artist’s Way for Mothers. It explores:
- Two key mothering archetypes: The Earth Mother and Creative Rainbow Mother, and her shadow side, the Crazy Woman
- Exploring and shedding family and societal pressures which block our creativity as women and mothers
- The practical side: How to make time and space in your mothering life to create, how to get support
- Guiding you to find the right creative outlets for yourself
- Sharing how to get started if your creativity has tanked and stalled, and how to get unstuck
- Spiritual insight into women’s creativity – including pregnancy, the birth process and menstrual cycles and their impact
- How to weave creativity into your life as a family.
I need a title that will make this book jump off the shelf – or the web- and into your arms and heart. One that invites you in. That doesn’t turn you off. I don’t want anything too hippy or woo-woo, as it’s not really that hippy a book! (Think Moon Time – it walks the path between mainstream and woo-woo!) – I’m aware that talk of rainbows and mamas is a bit woo-woo. The part about the creative mother archetype is a central part – but it does not dominate the book – you could read the book, skip that chapter, and it would still all make sense…
I could REALLY do with your feedback. Please vote in the comments section below – 1, 2,3 or suggest your own. And tell me what works for you, and what doesn’t.
The winning suggestion gets a signed copy of the book once it is published. If it ends up being one of my suggestions that you vote for then all those who voted for the final title have their names put into a hat and one of you will win!
My title suggestions are:
- The Creative Rainbow Mama
- The Creative Rainbow Mama’s Guide to Creativity…and Life!
- The Path of the Creative Rainbow Mama
- The Creative Mother
- The Path of the Creative Mother
- A Guidebook for Creative Mothers
- The Creative Mother’s Handbook
- The Creative Mother’s Path
- The Creative Mama Way
- The Creative Mama-festo
- Renaissance: The birth of the creative mother
a)How to nurture your creativity whilst you raise your children
b) A guide to creativity and living
e) Walking the rainbow path