Why, thank you!
So hot on the heels of being long listed, though unfortunately not short listed, for the Irish blog awards, your dear hostess (that’d be me then!) has be awarded a Stylish blog award from a fellow blogger who described it as…“A truly professional, profound and philosophical blog by Lucy Pearce where she shares her
dreams and insights to parenting with kindness and sustainability.”
Well, dear Child of the Nature Isle, all the way over in tropical Dominica, thank you very much. I am very touched by your words.
The word is spreading on Dreaming Aloud and I am gathering new readers and followers by the day, which is wonderful. I am loving writing it. But I think my husband and friends are a bit bored hearing me natter on about it!! So you, dear reader, are what makes it worthwhile. I spend far too long a day watching the blogometer count go up and up and see who’s reading what and where. It is addictive!
So with the award comes an obligation to do a few things:
* Share 7 things about yourself (COMING UP…)
* Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve this award (I’M AWARE THAT SOME I LOVE MAY a) ALREADY HAVE THE AWARD b) NOT BE INTO THAT SORT OF THING (AHEM, DAVE!))
* Contact the bloggers and let them know about their award (WILL DO!)
1) I am not, contrary to what I told my husband when courting, part of the Spanish aristocracy.
2) I am however, part of the Pearce and Gavin bohemian dynasties of creative types.
3) I have lived in 16 houses in my life including lots in Ireland, the UK – Bristol, Dorset, Wiltshire, Cambridge, London – and Kyoto, Japan.
4) My children have long names: each have an “English” name, an Irish name, a soul/ hippy name and two surnames!
5) I am named after my grandmother – who I never met – but everyone says I am extremely like her: good cook, writer, academic, thinker, deeply interested in education…
6) I live in a house which I drove past for years wanting to own, so am dead chuffed that we do now- all sorts of twists of fate helped it to happen!
7) We have a very tame robin in our garden who watches our every move. We call her
Bernadette after the old woman who owned this house before us.
Dave is my real life pal. Dave is very funny. Dave is a very good writer. Dave gets embarrassed very easily. Dave is useless at promoting his own blog. So I shall do it for him. And watch him blush!
Inspirational ideas for family life: craft, sewing, baking and joyous activities.Love her pictures. Love her insight. Love joy pockets. She has received a lot of awards before… and think she might not be accepting any more.
Oh man CJ is one feisty, stylish writer. And a radical homemaker
to boot! Love her blog – topics and style – LOVE it!
Another very, very witty blogger whose wit and insight cut like a knife.
A home educator of 10 year old triplets who divides her time between
th UK and Hong Kong.
Twig and Toadstool
The most inspiring Steiner craft blog out there. Magical!
The Variegated Life
I keep rediscovering this one. And loving it. A thinking mama’s blog.
Little Green Blog
Nothing little about this blog it is SO full of interesting green stuff. It
is my favourite blog design out there-and it has inspired a redesign
of my husband’s company’s website.
A beautiful, gentle, inspiring blog by one of the
wonderful Rhythm of the Home editors.